June 9th, 2020
Dear Parkway Families, Tues.June 9, 2020
It is so nice to be able to share some positive communication with you around the process for the retrieval of student belongings, as well as Grade 6 yearbooks and report cards. Given all schools being closed without the opportunity to organize student belongings, teachers will need some time to sort and gather your child’s personal items. We ask for your understanding and patience as we undertake this work.
During the next few weeks, teachers will access the school to sort, gather and bag your child’s personal belongings from their classroom. Teachers will do their best to determine what belongs to whom, relying largely on personal items, such as shoes and clothes, being labelled with a name. Any items that are not identifiable will be held onto until a time when parents are able to safely enter the building.
Please find information below which outlines the health and safety practices that must be followed for curbside pick-up of your child’s belongings. We hope to have belongings ready for pick-up on Monday, June 22 and Tuesday, June 23, with scheduled time slots for each grade. If you have more than one scholar registered with us, you may choose the grade level time slot that works best for you.
Before Coming to the School Site:
Before coming to the school it is imperative that the parent/guardian and child complete the Region of Waterloo Public Health COVID-19 Self-Assessment and
- Be free of COVID-19 symptoms
- Not have been in close contact with any individual diagnosed with COVID-19 or exhibiting potential COVID-19 symptoms
- If the self-assessment indicates recommendations for care/isolation, and/or the conditions a) or b) are not met, do not come to the school/site.
You will be given a designated date and time to arrive at the school. Please only arrive at your designated date and time. The WRDSB has an obligation to follow social gathering requirements set out by the Government of Ontario as well as the critical physical (social) distancing criteria outside and inside the facility at all times.
Designated Curb-Side Pick-up Route:
The school will have a designated and marked route for curbside pickup. Please follow the instructions at the site for driving along the route. When you are at the pickup location, parents/guardians/students are asked to remain in your vehicle and a school staff will assist.
Please follow these instructions:
- Families are asked to remain in their cars while approaching the school’s designated pick up location in the parking lot.
- School staff will approach your vehicle, maintaining 2m (6.5 ft) distance from the vehicle.
- Parent/Guardian can advise if they would like the belongings placed in an unoccupied area (ie. trunk) of the vehicle or handed over to a passenger/driver.
- Parkway staff assisting will be gloved and masked for this process.
For parents arriving without a vehicle:
Where possible, families are asked to identify one person who can come to the school to retrieve the student’s belongings. Parent/Guardian will be provided direction from school staff and are encouraged to follow social distancing guidelines at all times while on school property. Parents/Guardians are encouraged to wear face coverings and will be directed by a staff member with a supervision vest on. Please travel alone when possible to again adhere to public health guidelines.
- Your child is encouraged to use this opportunity to return any school property, i.e., library books etc. Please note: for all students returning to our school in September, all school technology may remain with the family through the summer.
- If you or your child is feeling ill in any way, please do not come to the school. Contact the Administrator to make alternative arrangements.
We look forward to a time when we can come together again under more safer conditions and to welcome our Parkway scholars back to a school that missed them very much!
Stay safe and positive,
The Parkway Staff ☺